Mbalula, South Africa's minister of transport, said in response to a reporter's question on January 6th that \"this is purely a crime\" and said the arson cost was about 90 million rand (45 million yuan).
A fire broke out at the Bloemfontein railway station on January 4. The fire caused the burning of 24 carriages and at one point caused the train station to shut down. This is the second train station arson in south africa in the short term after a man-made arson at the cape town railway station on november 28th, raising widespread concerns about the current security environment in south africa.
Mbarula strongly condemned the arson and called the suspect's actions \"meaningless \". He said the authorities had ordered South African police to pursue the suspects fully and would be severely punished by legal means.
Mr mbarula said the burning of the 24 carriages had been shut down and had been planned for refurbishment and re-use, while the fire had stalled the plan, which had also resulted in a decline in the number of train carriages available at railway stations and serious damage to the cables in the depot.
Fortunately, the Bloemfontein railway station has now returned to normal operation, and the fire has not had a further impact. In addition, according to Mbarula, South African police have some clues about the suspects,\" station security officers noticed a group of young people who left the area and then returned, then set fire to two carriages. The police are now in action and will arrest the suspect as soon as possible. (end)